Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference in colour shown

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I am making a poster for print. And I have chosen a red in cmyk. Although as you can see on my screenshot- the red square in the bottom right corner- shows a completely different dull red that the cmyk i have chosen.
My work space mode is in cmyk. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using the RGB color picker and that bright red is out of gamut (cannot be produced) for cmyk inks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, you can pick a red color that is considerably more saturated than the CMYK values you have entered—it’s the 13% cyan and 2% black that is dulling the CMYK color.

The appearance of a CMYK color depends on the document’s assigned CMYK profile—Edit>Assign Profiles.... Here I have Coated GRACoL 2006 assigned to the document with the CMYK values set to 0|95|90|0:

Screen Shot 4.png

Adding 13% cyan, 2% black dulls the color appearance—it also changes the equivalent RGB values:

Screen Shot 5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines