Exit

different size of pasteboards of templates

Participant ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

using ID, latest version.

The size of the pasteboard of this master item 1 (and the position of its elements) ...

2022-05-11_shot_002.png

... is different to this master item 2:

2022-05-11_shot_001.png

But I can't see any differences e.g. in these page settings (German version):

mycc_0-1652274097192.png

Question: how can I fit the size of the pasteboard and the position of the page itself from master item 2 to master item 1? Where are the (different) settings/options for both master items?

Thanks!

mycc

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mycc , the document pasteboard dimensions are set in the Guides & Pasteboard Preferences, but if there is an object on the paseboard, the preference setting might not work for that spread. Check to make sure there are no hidden objects on the pasteboard then try resetting the preference.

Here I initially set the Vertical Margin to 4", and if I try to set it to a smaller margin the single point object on the pasteboard prevents the change

Screen Shot 14.png

If I delete the point, the spread will respond to a Vertical Margin change:

Screen Shot 15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hallo mycc,

leider kann ich Deine Screenshots kaum entzifferen. Ein Bug in der Adobe Forum-Software.

Falls aber alle Seiten der Datei wirklich gleich groß sein sollten, dann würde ich dem Rat von Rob Day folgen.

Falls die Seiten nicht von gleicher Größe sind, kann es schon sein, dass Du z.B. unterhalb der beiden Seiten einen größeren Rand siehst.

Individuell lässt sich die Größe der Montagefläche pro Druckbogen in InDesign numerisch nicht einstellen. Du kannst nur unter Voreinstellungen > Hilfslinien und Montagefläche > Montageflächenoptionen die Ränder einstellen. InDesign sieht diese Einstellungen aber nur als Minimalwerte für den jeweiligen Druckbogen wie Rob Day in seinem Beitrag anschaulich bewiesen hat.

Falls tatsächlich einmal die Werte durcheinandergekommen sein sollten ohne dass unerwartet irgendwelche Elemente am Rande der Montagefläche zu finden sind, kannst Du mal versuchen, per Export nach IDML die Montageflächen zu vereinheitlichen.

Gruß,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines