Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable review function

Explorer ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello together

A customer of ours would like to disable the review function. This is not possible via the normal UI. I guess the review module is enabled by a plugin that I can just delete or uncheck, or is it not possible to disable it?

Thanks for the feedback.

---
Noel Bürgler | Adobe Community – Helping InDesign-Users | MacBook Pro 15", macOS Big Sur 11.2 Beta, InDesign 16.0.2
---
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

I think you need to contact Adobe support directly. With an Enterprise account, there may well be a way to hide this feature. Sorry, but that's all I can offer you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand. Nothing forces them to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but they want to restrict their users to use it. And with new users there's always a blue pop-up windows that mentions that you now can share the document. 

---
Noel Bürgler | Adobe Community – Helping InDesign-Users | MacBook Pro 15", macOS Big Sur 11.2 Beta, InDesign 16.0.2
---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This popup;

---
---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, why is this a problem? Secondly, are you using a teams/enterprise account or individual accounts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob.

I don't want to have a philosophical discussion about the sense of deactivating this function, I just want to have my question answered. I myself don't see it as a problem and I myself wouldn't disable the cool feature either. But if the customer wants it that way, he wants it that way - no matter if it makes sense or not.

The customer uses an enterprise account.

---
---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's not exactly philosophical to suggest the interface doesn't offer a way to disable the feature because there's no need to disable it, any more than you'd need to disable any other features you'll never or rarely use.

That said, in my copy of InDesign, I saw that pop-up one time, tried the feature, found it to be of little or no use to me, and never gave it another thought. But I haven't seen the pop-up return; if the pop-up is persistent, that may be another problem that isn't necessarily rooted in the feature itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to contact Adobe support directly. With an Enterprise account, there may well be a way to hide this feature. Sorry, but that's all I can offer you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Will do that!

---
---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please come back and let us know. It may prove helpful to someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines