Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable touch screen tutorial at start up

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How do I disable touch screen-tutorial and start up permanently. I want my default start up to be Advanced, not touch screen. I use at Surface laptop (with touch screen), but has it connected to a monitor. 

I use Indesign CC 14.0.1.

Thank you,

Nanna

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Touch screen tutorial only comes up when you launch the app for the first time or launch the app after resetting the preferences on touch enabled devices. It should not come up again after closing & changing the workspace.

If you see this every time you launch the app, you may try suggestions given on this help article(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) & let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

It sort of works, but because of our work setup i Citrix / VPN, the system reboots everything every night and forgets the settings. Also the list of recent files is gone every morning. But I don't have to log in every morning - this information is remembered. Is it possible to connect the "Advanced"-workspace to my profile?

Regards,

Nanna 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying InDesign never has an opportunity to shut down properly? Can you just close the application when you're done working? If you do, it shouldn't "forget" anything when the system reboots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign is properly shut down and kinda reset every day. The whole system is reset every night. I do not have the option of not shutting indesign down..I can leave it open, but the system shuts everything down and starts all over again next like a clean slate.. sorry, I don't actually understand the Citrix-setup..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talk to your IT people about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There could be a thousand things I don't know about what's being done there, but the way you're telling it isn't making sense. If you close the application yourself after setting up the workspace and preferences, those settings should stick and survive a system reboot. If the system configuration (the parts that are out of your hands), is somehow(?) resetting your applications to a first-time-run state every single day (I'm not even sure that's possible), as Bob said, you need to consult with the people in charge of that and explain to them how workflow-destructive it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines