• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappointed with UI scaling

Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on an 27 inch, 5k, imac for a few years, when I read that the v17 Indesign update included UI scaling for hi-res screens, I was interested, however, I only get 3 options small, medium large. Small is what I have been using for years, medium is a massive jump in size, far too much. The documentation states the number of size options available will depend on screen resolution, surely a 27inch 5k mintor should qaulify for more that 3 options.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Hi there,

We are aware of this issue on the Mac platform. The increment of jump from one stop to the next is quite big.
We've plans to address this in a future update. But right now, please select the stop on the UI slider that suits you the most.
You can also change the scaled resolution on you Mac (under System Preferences > Displays) to see if choosing another scaled resolution helps resolving this issue.

Please don't forget to share your feedback on our UserVoice page ( https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are aware of this issue on the Mac platform. The increment of jump from one stop to the next is quite big.
We've plans to address this in a future update. But right now, please select the stop on the UI slider that suits you the most.
You can also change the scaled resolution on you Mac (under System Preferences > Displays) to see if choosing another scaled resolution helps resolving this issue.

Please don't forget to share your feedback on our UserVoice page ( https://indesign.uservoice.com/ ).  This way, you will keep getting all the updates related to this feature and other users can also upvote, which would help us prioritize.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @Srishti Bali for your reply. Changing the sytem preferences scaled resolution is not an ideal solution as it would affect all of my applications and is essentially the same as lowering my screen resolution, I have 5k resolution so intend to make full use of it. For now I will use the default UI scalling setting (which is too small) until Indesign/Adobe fix UI scalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines