• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distributing circles evenly on winding board game path

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I'm not sure there's going to be a quick way to neaten my board game board draft, but having failed to find a solution I can make work googling, I'm going to try here.

I have a board game board with lots of circles as game spaces that make up several (not simple linear) paths. I had hoped I could place once circle and perhaps hold down a key or something that would mean the next circle of the same size I placed could only be placed a fixed distance from the last (centre to centre) but allow me to place anywhere in a ring around the first if that makes sense? I couldn't manage so placed more roughly.

No I have everything roughly in place, is there a way I can select all circles and make the neccessary small adjustments to position so as the gaps are even between circles (centre to centre) I would want each circle to move the minimum amount possible to be even centre to centre so the paths aren't too upset.

Also, having accidentally resized slightly a couple of times, not all my circles are exactly the same size - is there a quick way I can resize ALL circles to 0.5 inches without having to select them all separately?

I will screenshot for a visual...

Thank you in advance for any input!

Ellie

Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 08.41.55.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Even distribution along a curved path is easily done in Illustator, but not I'm afraid, in InDesign.

Your second question, though may have a better answer. Select any circle, reset the size, the select all the rest and Object > Transform Again > Transform Again Individually. Do that before you try positioning...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even distribution along a curved path is easily done in Illustator, but not I'm afraid, in InDesign.

Your second question, though may have a better answer. Select any circle, reset the size, the select all the rest and Object > Transform Again > Transform Again Individually. Do that before you try positioning...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines