• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I really need 250 Plug Ins for InDesign?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First let me state that I'm not an IT person. I've inherited my job from previous graphic artists.

InDesign takes roughly 20 minutes to open, which is crazy, and I can see that it also registers 250 plug ins. I can't magine I'd need so many. How do I know which ones I need and which I don't?

What would happen if I just reset to the basic InDesign app? 

Also I might note that the Plug Ins appear to be buried in the system whereas they used to be easier to locate.

Any assistance would be most appreciated, thank you. 🙂

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

I'd say you've taken over a position formerly filled by one or more plug-in mavens. I can't remember a shop/department that really used more than about 10-12, even if others were kept on file.

I'd do a completely clean installation of ID after making sure you have the sources or links for at least most of those plug-ins. Then plug them in as you encounter legacy docs or tasks that (1) use them and (2) really need them. With that many, I suspect some are functionally outdated or the tasks can b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Knowledge how to use a tool and it's internal workings are two different things 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course, there is the old joke of "20 years of experience" vs. "1 year of experience 20 times over"...😜

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines