Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document contains an invalid frame - Error

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Team,

We are working in InDesign CC 2017 on Mac OS-X, While deleting some box item in pages InDesign unexpectedly closes. We are trying to open the file, but InDesign shows "Document contains an invalid frame" alert message. We are not able to recover after selecting Yes/No option.

Could you please suggest any option to recover the InDesign file.

ScreenShot.png

Regards,

Suresh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

There are multiple factors both internal and external to InDesign application that can lead to document corruption. However, I can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and I will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In looking over some previous reports about this it seems like this may be the result of a program bug that had been reported. You may want to check out this thread: Document contains an invalid frame?. You should also try exporting your file as an IDML and then reopening it through your version of the program. Sometimes this method will clean up some corruption. From what I have read it may be that the file is damaged and unrecoverable but you can try checking out this link also: Recover documents and undo mistakes in InDesign. Since apparently this bug was reported for CC 2017 it would probably be a good idea to upgrade to CC 2018. If you do please be warned that the option "Import previous settings and preferences" in the Advanced Options that appear during the install should be UNCHECKED so that any problems from CC 2017 are not imported into CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple factors both internal and external to InDesign application that can lead to document corruption. However, I can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and I will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note for anyone looking for this problem in the future. I exported to IDML and the problem [seems to have] disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, exported to IDML and the problem disappeared. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooooo much! A 5oo page technical document that I've been working on for months and three hours before the deadline InDesign tells me there's an error and closes down. When I restarted I'd lost about 8 hours work.and InDesign told me there were invalid frames. I packaged it up and opened the IDML that it generates and my work was back. I am so greatful! The problem hasn't gone though, whenever I go to edit on a particular page it shuts down InDesign again. So I suspect this is just a quick solution but the problem stays. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone found a permanent solution to this problem? I am wrapping up a 44-page document that I am going to be using to create future variations and am getting the same message. the IDML solution works for now, but I am thinking long term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines