• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document created in MENA (Middle Eastern North African) version of InDesign open in English version?

New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have the MENA version of InDesign installed to work on some Arabic documents. If I create a document in this version of InDesign (one in French, no Arabic or other MENA text), can someone without MENA version open that document correctly? I used to keep different versions but I only have the one now. I accidentally overwrote my 2022 English with the MENA version and was wondering if I should download a full copy of just English too (and how to not overwrite it again).

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once an InDesign document is created in the Middle Eastern version, anyone with English/French/German versions for example can open the .indd document normally.

Caution must be taken after opening the document in non ME version. Punctuation marks like a full stop or question marks may appear on the wrong end of lines especially if the document is subject to editing in non-ME version later.

In some cases, numerals such as Hindi or Farsi ١٢٣٤٥ may change nature to appear as Arabic 12345. Numbers generally may flip eg. 123-456 to become 456-123.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines