• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document Glitches

New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When scrolling through a document the text and boxes will shift around, making it hard to see what is aligned or how it will look in final form. Including pics of examples. I have tried to deselect GPU settings (as suggested in other discussions) and can't even find that I have that setting to deselect. I've used Creative Cloud for 8+ years on an apple and never had this problem. I recently was converted to a PC at my new job and it has been this way from day 1. 

Capture.PNGCapture3.PNG

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show a screenshot of your GPU Preferences section? It is possible that your computer doesn’t have a comaptible GPU to activate that option.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-09 um 09.47.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rene Andritsch ,

I understand that Kate has this issue on a Windows PC.

InDesign on Windows has no GPU preferences.

I'm not sure, but it could be that it's a not updated driver for the graphic card…

( FWIW: Never had this issue on my laptop with Windows 10. )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 on my laptop. The laptop was new when I started in January, so is it likely that the drive for the graphic card was already out of date upon purchase? I'm on Creative Cloud, so always operating on the current InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much video memory do you have, and is it dedicated RAM on a video card or are you using built-in video on the motherboard (which might be the source of the problem)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looked up the specs and it seems to be shared memory...

While the machine specs meet the published requirements for InDesign, it's definitely not a power machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not particularly tech-savvy, so that's probably not helping! I'm working on a laptop, and it's whatever came built-in without modifications. Is that a PC problem? I worked for 8 years on a MacBook Pro with what came standard and never had this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't prove it, but I do think the shared video memory is what's causing the display anomalies. No way  to know how the curent version of InDesign would be behaving on your old macbook pro (or how it was configured).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is a more powerful laptop the solution? Or is there something that can be done to the one I have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't rush out to purchase a new computer. Does the file behave better if  you restart your computer and then work on it first thing with no other programs open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does work better for about 5 minutes. But starts to have the same problem - even without opening any other programs/documents or adding any images to the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you mentioned this is a work computer. How does your company feel about upgrading to a more powerful workstation, ion particular one with dedicated video RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a work computer. I came here to make sure asking for a new computer was the solution, that there wasn't another option that was more cost-effective. I work at a non-profit so I'm trying to be cost-concious! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there any fairly new desktop computers where you work that you could try? I don't see any options for ugrading the video on your Vostro laptop, but the odd are a lot better for a desktop to have an expansion slot to accept a video card.

I totally understand the budget constraints of non-profits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've seen this from time to time in the past and refreshing the screen would fix it temporarily.

Besides looking for updated video driver I'd try playing with the screen scaling settings in Windows and InDesign. I'm also running Win10 and use 100% scaling in Windows and small interface scaling in InDesign, but I use a large monitor so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to provide a lot more information. Full operating system version and build. RAM, video card, and full version of InDesign to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines