• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

document setup page is larger than setup

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my document, the proportion I desire is correct however there is an extra document space in the background popping up behind the original document I'm inputting. I have checked orientation and size settings, nothing related to that. How can I fix this to make the extra space on the sides disappear?Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 6.13.23 PM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

If you are referring to the pasteboard area, it usually gives you the equivalent of your page width of space on each side. It's harmless and useful, but if you really want to shrink it down, go to your preferences. 

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to the pasteboard area, it usually gives you the equivalent of your page width of space on each side. It's harmless and useful, but if you really want to shrink it down, go to your preferences. 

image.png

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This worked but the left side of the first page still remained the same. I am able to adjust the pasteboard, however only after the document is made. I assume that the page is laid out as spreads and not pages considering the way it is laid out and previous projects I've had using spreads. How can I change the current default size to remain the same proportion as the document sizes that are being created? I don't mind the look but I have complications when it comes to printing because something with the proportion is wrong. I also redownloaded the application, nothing worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines