• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documents vanished after reinstalling Indesign

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall (uninstalling (including preferences) and installing it again) InDesign, because it crashed over and over again. After installing, all my documents were gone and I can't find a certain project! The project that vanished, was unfortunatly opened when I had to forcefully close and reinstall InDesign. I looked everywhere on my MacBook (including the InDesign Recovery folder) yet nothing is there. I saved the document sporadicly (cmd + S) (it was very dumb on my side to not also save it somewhere else). Also my CC doesn't have the project. Is the document/project gone or is there any way to get it back? Also, why did deleting my preferences, also delete my document?

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deleting prefs will remove the list of documents on your home welcome screen, but will not delete the documents themselves. They exist somewhere! In the very unlikely possibility that you stored documents within the app folder, then maybe yes ... they would be wiped out by reinstalling. Your first responsibility as a human user is to know where you save and store documents you make.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines