Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does CS 5 Creative Suite run on Mojave 10.14.4

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just purchased a new mac as my old one died.

My new mac runs Mojave 10.14.4.

I have CS5 creative suite design standard. Can I get this to run on my new computer?

I have had the run-around for 5 days from the online chat support team.

I just need a simple yes or no. PLEASE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Hi Lee-annw37348461,

NOTE: Officially the last version of Mac OS compatible with Adobe CS5 was 10.6.3, see: Adobe - Creative Suite 5 Master Collection: System requirements. Please be aware that Creative Suite applications are not supported on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or higher and therefore, many of the Creative Suite installers may not function normally on macOS 10.12 or higher.

CS5 is pretty old software and Adobe has not tested it on any of the latest operating systems post-Mac OS 10.6.3. Hence it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nochmals, vielen Dank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Horst,

habe ich das richtig verstanden, dass dein CS5 auf einer neuen Mac Generation läuft?

Welches OSX verwendest du?

Ich möchte mir ein neues MacBook zulegen (mit M1) – würden dann mit diesem Trick Photoshop und Illustrator bei mir funktionieren? Oder gibt es irgend eine Möglichkeit, dass CS5 auf den neuen Rechnern läuft?

Vielen Dank!

Irena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Irena!
Ja, ich benutze einen 2018 Mac Mini.
Ab 10.15 Catalina funkt die CS5 nichtmehr, da 64-bit System.
Wenn du 10.14.6 Mojave installierst kannst du die CS5 benutzen.
Mit den paar Kniffen lt. meinen Screenshots funkt die sehr gut.

Ich würde die Platte partitionieren und auf den neuen Teil dann Mojave installieren wo du dann auch ältere Software installieren kannst.

Persönlich habe ich aber auch schon angefangen mit der Affinty_Suite zu arbeiten/probieren.
Preis/Leistung ist extrem gut und Photo und Designer sind bis auf ein paar Kleinigkeiten absolut zum professionellen Arbeiten geeignet.

LG
Horst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Horst,

vielen Dank für die schnelle Rückmeldung.

Das heißt, ich habe dann 2 Betriebssysteme auf dem neuen MacBook? Ob es das
2020 oder 2021 Modell wird, muss ich noch entscheiden – hast du da eine
Empfehlung für mich?

Also ich partitioniere die Festplatte (dazu werde ich mir dann YT Videos
anschauen) und muss dann immer den Mac neustarten, wenn ich auf CS5
Anwendungen zurückgreifen will? Aber es funktioniert? Das finde ich super!

Ich habe damals auf meinem älteren Mac auch Windows draufbekommen – das hab
ich mit Parallels gemacht.

Ich hatte mein CS5 auf mein MacBook Air 2013 Modell verloren, als ich auf
Catalina aktualisiert habe. Ich hab den Rechner downgegradet auf El Capitan
– jetzt hab ich Sierra… funktioniert alles. Aber mein Rechner ist auch
nicht mehr der jüngste, deswegen will ich einen neuen.

Die CS5 Programme habe ich gekauft, deswegen will ich kein Abo zahlen.

LG Irena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Das Partitionieren geht super einfach und du kannst bei Problemen immer das andere System starten und weiterarbeiten.
Du kannst mit Mojave sämtliche neue Software nutzen, da es genauso 64-bit kann.
Ich habe auch Catalina drauf, habe es aber nur mal zum testen gestartet 😉

Auch ich bin ein Gegner des Abomodells von Adobe.

Tipps welcher Laptop es sein soll, kann ich dir jetzt keinen geben 😉
Habe mich die letzten 3 Jahre nicht damit beschäftigt: Aber die sind alle superschnell, egal für welche Anwendungen.
Wenn du Hilfe brauchst, dann schreib mir einfach eine Mail: office@gxd.at
LG
Horst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using my Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard since 2010 on my iMac (early-2008) with MacOS 10.11.6 El Capitan and on my Macbook Air (mid-2012) running MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave with no significant problems. I have some issues with selecting fonts and copy that occasionally seems to disappear (but really doesn't) in InDesign 5.5 and Illustrator 5.1 "unexpectedly quitting" on me when I am actually quitting the application, but they're just annoyances. I realize my Suite is living on borrowed time but with my agency career behind me, all the work created for nonprofits is pro bono, and at age 78 with glaucoma, I don't feel it's worth upgrading anything, other than my glasses.

So from what I'm reading here, I should consider myself very lucky everything seems to work, and I didn't even have to do a clean install. Oh, one more annoyance I have to deal with: the constant pop-up reminder to upgrade Mojave to Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky is an understatement. I hope it continues for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely lucky. Every Apple OS update that doesn't break anything, actually, is lucky. You can ask the Adobe engineers about that. I was one for 16 years.

The question in this forum was simply: Does it work? Everyone who posts such a question already was able to read the official support statements, which is exactly why they posted here.

What is also true is that if it works for one user on the same device with Mojave it is also extremly likely (not lucky) for it to work for other users with the same device and OS combo, unless there is another piece of software on the system getting in the way.

I will be trying it this month and am glad for the question and all the answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually if you decide to make a phone call and spend the time to work with the Adobe software team, they will send you files that you can download and use to for InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.

Just speaking from personal experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kenjii - I found this thread seeking a way to continue to use my CS5.5 license as I'm also retired and doing pro bono work.  Working with El Cap for years, I finally bought a new camera who's RAW files were not readable by CS5.5 but could be read by DNG13.2...   and that version of DNG would only run on Mojave or later.  So I had to upgrade my MacOS.

The "correct answer" and others on this thread might have deterred me, but horst_weisner's post gave me some level of confidence  and yours cemented the deal.

I went ahead and installed Mojave over El Cap and have had the exact same experience as you have described.  All components of Adobe CS5.5 are still working including keyboard commands, with a few minor quirks under Mojave. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Mini late 2012 - photoshop needed java install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Not sure if this will be helpful. I run Creative Cloud and Catalina on my iMac and keep everything up to date for my graphic design work. I also have an old Macbook Air 2011 which currently runs High Sierra (as far as my Air will go) but has the latest Creative Cloud installed for when I'm working remote.

However I also have an old Roland vinyl cutter for when I do the occasional sign job which only runs via a PC driver and was supported up to Windows XP. This was bought in my pre-Mac days about 25 years ago 🙂 

When my old Dell laptop died nearly 10 years ago, my saviour was VirtualBox for Mac by Oracle. As I've been an Adobe customer for a long time, I still have installation discs for Creative Suite CS for PC and CS 5.5 for Mac. So I run VirtualBox on my Macbook Air, which I have installed Windows XP inside of. You can install multiple Mac, PC, Linux and other operating systems inside of it, all you need is the installation disc or installer file. So for any sign jobs, I design in Illustrator CC on my iMac, send the eps file to my Macbook Air, open up Virtual Box, start Windows XP, open Illustrator CS and import the eps from the path I've created between Windows XP and my Macbook High Sierra desktop. From there my old plotter works perfect.

I've installed a few other legacy programs on my virtual XP and they work fine.

Not that I've tested it, but theoretically if you have a Mac that works optimally with Catalina, installing VirtualBox and then installing say for example Snow Leopard inside it should allow you to run CS 5.5. If I ever ditch CC, I may need to test it out. It's like you have an operating system within an operating system. The best thing is that VirtualBox is free. And no I don't have vested interests in Oracle.

It may be a bit clunky but it could be a useful way of keeping old software alive when latest hardware is forcing our hand to ditch what we've paid good money for.

Cheers,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 10.13.6 on 2007 imac and cs5.5 is running fine....I had a problem on newer macbook pro, but I believe there was a work-around, going into users and putting it in start-up items.  But I'm not sure, sry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running 10.13.6 and PS CS5 Extended works fine. Only issue I have is everytime I close the program I get a message that PS quit unexpectedly. I just hit ignore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I could already put it to work and it gives me the same message. I
upgraded the memory to the Mac Mini 2012 and changed the hard drive to a
solid one. I did a Carbon Copy from the old album to the new one and
everything went very well. Once I turn on the machine and start uploading
the programs when I get to Photoshop, in the same super fast way it goes
up, it is the same super fast way to close. You would have an idea of what
could be happening. It will be the fact that the album changes although it
seems to me that it has nothing to do with it. Could you help me with this?
Thank you Rafa Santini

--
*Rafael Lopez Santini*
*Graphic Artist*

Email: rafasantini2000@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently running Photoshop CS5.1 under Mojave 10.14.6, and just starting to experience application crashes - but ONLY when attempting to use the Text Tool (go figure?)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention: Running on late-2015 iMac 27", Retina 5K, 3.3Ghz, 24GB Ram..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I've posted recently my workaround in this thread (Site 1). Put the Apps like the 2 pics show you (its german but the icons are the same) and PS works fine. Had the same problem too.
Regards
Horst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Mojave 10.14.6 still using PS5 suite no problems with any of the programs.

Quitting out of PS and AI there is always a message 'program has unexpectedly quit'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running CS5 on Mojave for years with no problem in a 2017 Macbook Pro (beyond thinking shut downs are always by mistake). Now wondering about an upgrade to Monterey...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a chance. CS5 is a 32 bit application. Monterey will only run 64 bit apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I have a similar problem...I recently bought a refurb Mac with OS Mojave 10.14.6, and I had an unused, unopened disc copy of Adobe CS5 Design Premium.
It installed OK as far as the Serial number window...I have a valid serial number but not the old serial number from my previous version of CS (CS3 on my old dead Mac), so I can only get a 30 day trial...?
Is there a way around this?
Steve in Ireland.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I have a similar problem...I recently bought a refurb Mac with OS Mojave 10.14.6, and I had an unused, unopened disc copy of Adobe CS5 Design Premium.
It installed OK as far as the Serial number window...I have a valid serial number but not the old serial number from my previous version of CS (CS3 on my old dead Mac), so I can only get a 30 day trial...?
Is there a way around this?
Steve in Ireland.

By @Steve33694917s3my

Can you elaborate... You mentioned you have a valid serial number. Is it a valid serial number for CS5?

You also said that your serial number is "not the old serial number" from your CS3 on your dead Mac - which you wouldn't need anyway for installing CS5... Unless I'm missing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Thanks for your reply...
please see below...even tho I have a full set of software, never installed before, it is treated as an upgrade, and I need the serial number from a previously installed version...?

[Serial Number.png]

Kind Regards from
Stephen Hollinshead
353 (0)87 9422568

Libertje,
Shannon Harbour,
Co. Offaly
Ireland
R42NR06

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have full proof of purchase of this upgrade as well as your purchase of CS3? If not, just give up now. If you do, well, continue reading.

There is absolutely nobody here that can help you with this. You will have to contact Adobe directly and the idea that they would support something this old is not something I would be overly optimistic about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines