Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Don't want the Grey box to appear when I have missing links

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I know having a grey box appear when you make a pdf is a safty feature, but I would like this not to happen and leave it blank / empty. I use Indesign to generate artworks using data and sometimes the data dose not require an image but because its looking for a link and its not there it places the horrible grey box. I could make fake graphics with no information in them which essentailly places a blank image but I need to create 200 of them. Please could someone tell me there is a way to turn this function off. Thanks in adavance

TOPICS
Print , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@matthewt3859159 

• One idea is to move the images to a separate layer, then hide the layer, and make the PDF without the hidden layer.
  • Another is to create only one fake graphic with no content and replace all those with missing links

I am not a scripter, but I wonder if this could be done with a script. I edited your post to add "scripting" as a tag for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines