• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dotted lines around Master page elements are gone in 2023?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be missing something unless this feature actually changed along the way.

Last time I checked, whenever I created any element on a Master page, it's "outline" would show up as "Dotted Lines" and that meant that the element in question belonged to a Master page. 

But that no longer seems to be the case?

I don't think it's coming from my video card or Windows 11.

Beats me!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

I can see the Dotted lines now!

My Dell UP4320Q is a monster 43" beast.

For my class, tonight, with MS-Teams, I have to reduce the resolution to 1920 x 1080, and, guess what, now, the Dotted lines show perfectly...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Roger Breton:

It is still working for me in 2023. Do you have View > Extras > Hide Frame Edges enabled?

~Barb

2022-10-21_15-17-18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. When I alternate between the two options, using Ctrl + H, I can see a faint line appearing on the edge of the texte frame but it's nothing like the "old very visible" dotted line I used to see. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the Dotted lines now!

My Dell UP4320Q is a monster 43" beast.

For my class, tonight, with MS-Teams, I have to reduce the resolution to 1920 x 1080, and, guess what, now, the Dotted lines show perfectly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an identical setup (text frame on left, graphic frame on right) taken in 2022. The X in the graphic frame is darker, but the edges look the same to me. 

~Barb

2022-10-21_15-26-44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, great! (And I moved the "Correct Answer" to your final response, which directly answers the question.)

And you know that InDesign has UI Scaling? Edit > Prefs > User Interface Scaling > UI Scaling. You might want to experiment with the scaling options, should you decide to restore the higher resolution after your Teams class ends. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have the UI "scaled", Barb.

I suspect it's my video card... Or Windows... Or both 😉
Another reason to "prefer" a Mac? ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll be damned? I'm back in 4K resolution on my monitor, this morning, and the Master pages elements are back showing with "dotted lines" now? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines