• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double Click to resize text boxes not working in InDesign 2019

Participant ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to resize a text box the double click to the text frame fits eatactly the text that is inside is not working anymore, does anyone know what can for work again? 

Any help is appreciated. 🙂

Thanks!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click on a corner handle or a side handle. It doesn't work to double click on the frame itself or on the inport or outport handles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but actually I'm already doing it :(. But thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume Melane did it correctly before, and if it has stopped working now, please reset Preferences (Hold Ctrl/Cmd+Alt+Shift while opening ID). Have you updated lately? Which numerical versión of ID are you using now?*

* select About InDesign command in the Help menu (Win) or InDesign one (Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you're right. :3 I'm curretly using the last versin I guess "14.0.3". I didn't want to reset preferences, since I use Indesign on my own way, but I think this will be my best try. :[ Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried it and even so didn't work. 😞 Right now I've checked and the only one that doesn't work is when I click at the bottom handle. By the way, I'll keep trying to find the anwser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Maiane for posting this, I too have the same issue, however it sometimes works if I resize the box and try again. A work-around but an annoying and time consuming one though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Sounds like you may need to use adobe cc cleaner tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maiane:

Ctrl+Alt+C (Cmd+Opt+C on a Mac) will do the same thing as double-clicking the bottom middle handle. Also, if there is a guide bisecting the bottom middle handle, sometimes that gets in the way.

As a general rule, when InDesign starts behaving erratically, that indicates it is time to rebuild the preference and cache. I know you said you tried resetting prefs with the keyboard and that didn't work. Here is a post that outlines rebuild these files, and goes beyond that basic step. I would suspect one of the steps listed here will take care of this for you:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, so much! I'll check it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maiane,

Sorry about this. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved by now. If not, I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Operating System (exact version of Windows/ MAC)
  • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, could you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us? You can upload it to the creative cloud and share the download link.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

Looking forward to your response!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Sorry for the late awnser, my week was really busy.

About your question:

• I'm using Windows 10 Home, version 1809, installation date march 19th.
  • As far as I could check it happens just in one page of one document. This a support document that I normally creat to do all images from a book in another file, then I just paste at the original file within the rest of the book. In this document  the problem happens just at the first page. If you click at any text box at the first page, the ctrl + alt + c command won't work, also there are these four side handles, if you click at any side or top handle it will resize normally, but, once you click at the bottom one (which is the one I use most in these cases) it doesn't resize to fit the text. The file I'm working is this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9eod9e90k5qndl4/imagens.indd?dl=0
  • I didn't have a chance to test in another computer with indesign. 😞
  • As far as I remember I didn't install any other program at the computer lately. 

Thank you so much for your help. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wotuwant,

what's your exact version of InDesign?

In previous versions, cannot remember the exact numbers, some characters like em dashes at the end of a line could prevent text frames from fitting to text. That bug was fixed some years ago, I think.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I just had the same problem: double click didn't fit text box. But double clicking was working with other text box in the same document. I figured out that I had used "wrong" Enter key in this problem text box (the one which is right next of numeric keypad bottom right).

So make sure that there aren't this Enter key used after the last character of the text. Here's how Indesign uses this two different Enter keys:"Adobe InDesign also uses the two Enter keys differently when editing text in a frame on a page. Normally, pressing the Enter key creates a new paragraph, and of course you'd expect that. But if you press the Enter key on the numeric keypad, you create a column break." (Creativepro). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines