• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Doument setup size does not match the output of page

New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! As you can see on the image below the document setup size does not match the border I'm currently clicking. I was told it must be page tool but no one was able to answer on how to make it the same size as the document setup. I hope someone here can help me because after I opened the the file client sent all my new documents became like this by like this I mean a .02mm missing on actual pages for both height and width of the document.

Affinity29037984z7vs_0-1683237680553.png

TOPICS
How to , InCopy workflow , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

I think you are confusing the size of a text frame with the size of the actual page. A frame snapped to the outside edges of a page with a border applied will be modified by the thickness of the border if any part of the border rule is outside the frame.

If you have a page that is 2.00 by 3.00 inches, and drag a frame to its edges with no border applied, the frame size will show as 2x3. If you apply a border that is either 0.01 inches, set outside, or 0.02 inches, set centered... your frame wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I only have one page for this file if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you are confusing the size of a text frame with the size of the actual page. A frame snapped to the outside edges of a page with a border applied will be modified by the thickness of the border if any part of the border rule is outside the frame.

If you have a page that is 2.00 by 3.00 inches, and drag a frame to its edges with no border applied, the frame size will show as 2x3. If you apply a border that is either 0.01 inches, set outside, or 0.02 inches, set centered... your frame will now measure 2.02 x 3.02.

Here's a hint: you can't actually select a page with any tool but the page tool, so if you have a bordered object selected, as your snip shows, it's because you've selected a frame that has the noted offsets added to it. There's no "error" here and nothing wrong with your document setup; it's all in what page objects you have placed and how you're sizing and selecting them.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines