• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dragging objects pulls the image too, not just the frame. How do I change back?

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what I hit, but when I drag and object with a linked image inside it, it drags the whole thing which really slows things down and hard to fine tune.  It use to drag just the frame alone, then the linked image would move with it after you let go.

How do I set this back to how it was?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

In interface preferences, change your Live Screen Drawing setting to Delayed or Never, and adjust the Greening settings on the hand tool (same preference panel0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In interface preferences, change your Live Screen Drawing setting to Delayed or Never, and adjust the Greening settings on the hand tool (same preference panel0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure thats the right place?  I am in Interface Preferences and I do not see anything about Live Screen drawing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Vico Drive:

You can also control this by focusing on the timing:

• If you press the mouse button and drag simultaneously, you will just see the frame move. 
  • If you press the mouse button, count to 2 and then drag your mouse, you will see the frame and the image move.

~ Barb

example.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I am familiar with that, though it drags immediately right now.  There is no 2 second wait anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines