• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop Shadow PROBLEM in ONE file

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an InDesign file from a client. In this file, whenever I create a new text box and begin typing (or even pasting from another source) the text has a defaulted Drop Shadow.

I have removed the Drop Shadow from the Text Box tool and double checked all of the Paragraph and Character Styles & Style Sheets. I have removed the Drop Shadow from the overall InDesign application, too.

This does not happen on ANY OTHER InDesign file I work on.

Does anyone know if this could be some kind of corruption issue within this specific file???

TYIA

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

When the text tool in your file is selected, the Object Style called basic photo is activated.

The name is deceptive; basic photo is a text frame style. 

I was able to fix your issue by selecting the text tool, then chosing [Basic Text Frame] in the Object Styles Pallet. Once done, the text tool then defaulted to the [Basic Text Frame] style instead of the basic photo style. 

EDIT: The basic photo frame was set as the style to apply to new text frames. You can drag the T icon in the Object Sty

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the settings inside the Basic Text Frame object style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

I've checked everything. 

I'm losing my mind over here.

I'm pretty sure it's a glitch in my client's file

I've been a designer for 30+ years and this one has me scratching my head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you make a copy of the file with any confidential material deleted, and post a link to it here? 

Maybe someone could find something by examining your actual file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is the InDesign File from my client. I have removed all of the images, but left all of the remaining items that they had in place. Please understand that this file was created AT a 55+ community by 55+ individuals. I'm not quite sure what they did here and they are not sure either.

Thanks for anyone who can figure this out for me. (BTW, I've created a new template for them to use in hopes that this doesn't happen again....fingers crossed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the text tool in your file is selected, the Object Style called basic photo is activated.

The name is deceptive; basic photo is a text frame style. 

I was able to fix your issue by selecting the text tool, then chosing [Basic Text Frame] in the Object Styles Pallet. Once done, the text tool then defaulted to the [Basic Text Frame] style instead of the basic photo style. 

EDIT: The basic photo frame was set as the style to apply to new text frames. You can drag the T icon in the Object Style panel to moe that icon to change the default.

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 5.05.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 5.04.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FANTASTIC!!!
Thank you so much.
I've never had to use that for any reason in all the years I've been doing
this (30+).

I appreciate your guidance 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm 64 and live in a 55+ community. I've been using InDesign since 1999 and found the issue (that's already been pointed out to you) in about 30 seconds. I also run more than three miles a day so what the hell is your point in including that information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go get 'em Bob! 😁Ignorance (lack of knowledge) is not exclusive to any age...

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am so terribly sorry. I did not mean to offend anyone. I, myself, am 51.
I adore my clients and wanted to simply point out that my clients may not
be as tech-savvy as the younger generations. I guess I probably should have
said that, rather than point out ages. My, sincerest, apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've selected the correct answer on you behalf. If this isn't the correct one please let us know and we can change it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines