• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropdown menus unclickable. inDesign unusable, please HELP!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going insane witht this issue. InDesign menus won't stay open to allow me to click on anything, including window dropdowns. I've tried everything, resetting preferences, deleting all versions of indesign and reinstalling. I am unable to use the software at all for hours at a time, every day. What is going on?? Has anyone else found this issue? I use inDesign most of my working day so can't do anything. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Hey

Sounds and looks frustrating.

Is there any third party software recently installed? Any anti-virus or anything else added/updated in the last few days?

How did yo reset your preferences? There are a number of ways

There's a deeper clean method in the details below

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will ap

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

Sounds and looks frustrating.

Is there any third party software recently installed? Any anti-virus or anything else added/updated in the last few days?

How did yo reset your preferences? There are a number of ways

There's a deeper clean method in the details below

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

-----

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

----

Rollback to a previous InDeisgn version

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html#:~:text=Open%20the%20Cr....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all of these things multiple times (losing all my shortcuts along the way) and this keeps happening sporadically, but when it does it happens for a bout two or three hours during which I can't do any work. Is anyone working on this bug? 

It makes inDesign unworkable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this were truly a bug in the software, everyone would be suffering with this issue. So, I suggest posting some system specs and software versions if you want to get any kind of help. Before you do, please reset your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same more information would be helpful.

What OS version?

What InDesign version?

What Mac hardware? Intel or Apple Silicon CPU?

Apple Mouse? Apple Keyboard?

Can you navigate the menu using the keyboard arrows?

Regards

Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines