• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate 'Parent' page is always different?

Participant ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm needing to duplicate a set of Parent pages a few times. What i don't understand is why it's changing the layout every time I do so. In this case, it's making the main text boxes smaller and relocating the folio on the second page. See attached screenshots. What's going on? Obviously i just want to duplicate my master, not re-design it.

thanks

kurt

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try New Parent instead of Duplicate Parent? This will make an exact replica, and you have the option to link to the original parent, or not (using Based On). If you link the second parent and then change the original parent, the second parent will update.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good answer, but I'm curious as to why "Duplicate Parent" (select Parent, hit + icon) would not do the same job as "New Parent" with the same original parent page selected.

Seems like a glitch, to me.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A screen shot of the pages panel, and of the Parent page wouild help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines