New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running macOS Monterey v12.1

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

All Adobe programs up to date.

I regularly use the 'Edit Original' option in InDesign to make edits to both photos and vector graphics. Since upgrading to v17 I am regularly experiencing issues. It doesn't happen every time, but usually by the 4th or 5th time I try to use it I get the dreaded spinning wheel. I have to force quite InDesign plus whichever program I'm trying to edit in (so Photoshop for bitmaps, Illustrator for vectors). Neither program will then restart — the icon bounces on the dock a couple of times then stops. I cannot restart my computer using the Apple menu; I have to do a hard restart in order to get up and running again. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all programmes you can try this

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

---

If a document is not behaving well then try 

File>Export 

Choose IDML

Open the IDML in InDesign
Save the file as a new InDesign file with a new name
See if the issue persists.

---

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Eugene, I have already reset my preferences (both ways). I will try using an IDML however this is happening across multiple files and over the last few weeks so I'm fairly confident it is not a file issue but a program one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try my last link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines