• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit saved Word import options?

Explorer ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a customized style import option in InDesign for a client's extensively styled Word manuscript. Now I need to add some additional styles but don't find any way to edit the preset I created. Is the file accessible anywhere? I hate the thought of starting from scratch again. 

For my wishlist, it would be nice if the style imports appeared in alphabetical order instead of randomly, probably the order they show up in the source file. It would also be nice to have a larger style mapping window to work in.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

The style mapping preset is embedded in the document. It's not sitting anywhere on your drive, but you can just import a new file into that document with Show Import Options enabled, choose your Saved Preset, click on Style Mapping at the bottom, make the changes, click OK and then resave the preset, replacing the previous one.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The style mapping preset is embedded in the document. It's not sitting anywhere on your drive, but you can just import a new file into that document with Show Import Options enabled, choose your Saved Preset, click on Style Mapping at the bottom, make the changes, click OK and then resave the preset, replacing the previous one.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines