• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Text on the Web

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever happened to Adobe's announcement last year at Max about being able to "edit text in your InDesign files right in the web browser" and "Control access and editing permissions of your InDesign files?"

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , InCopy workflow , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I've heard, editing text in InDesign in a web browser is in progress. Major initiatives can take a couple years to be released and probably is being developed tested as we speak. InDesign's development team is not as big as those for Photoshop and Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an announcement from MAX this year that indicates progress:

IMG_0515.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I didn't hear anything about the simultaneous editing this year at Max, but maybe I missed it. They made a big deal about it last year and said it would be released in 2021, but it's been crickets ever since. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd guess that it's a Phase II or III for what's now Publish Online, and they're still sorting out the basic "display to the web" function before getting more complicated.

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines