• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Textbook

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a very large document in InDesign that is going to be printed and put in a large binder. Right now I am at page 150. I am putting it together for others at my work and we need to be able to share it in order for them to make edits. This file was too large to send as one.pdf file over email so, I broke it up into sections. They need to be able to send me back edits but if it is in a .pdf format I'm not sure what the best way to do that is. I have never worked with a file this big or on a project like this before. Can someone please help me? I was not sure if this is the right thread to post this in. 

TOPICS
How to , InCopy workflow , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

One approach is they can make comments in the PDF and you can make the edits in the InDesign document.

If the PDF is too big to send by email, then you can share it from Creative Cloud, DropBox, etc., instead of using email. Or share it directly from Acrobat and use Acrobat's Document Cloud.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

I would share exported PDFs with e.g. Dropbox.

Annotations also known as PDF Comments can be made with Acrobat Pro or Adobe Reader on Windows 10 or Mac OS.

PDF Comments is not Share for Review.

Details:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/import-pdf-comments.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also something I just learned about from youtube is share for review in InDesign but when I press it nothing comes up for me to create it and send off for review. It shows up as a blank box when I click on share for review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One approach is they can make comments in the PDF and you can make the edits in the InDesign document.

If the PDF is too big to send by email, then you can share it from Creative Cloud, DropBox, etc., instead of using email. Or share it directly from Acrobat and use Acrobat's Document Cloud.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would share exported PDFs with e.g. Dropbox.

Annotations also known as PDF Comments can be made with Acrobat Pro or Adobe Reader on Windows 10 or Mac OS.

PDF Comments is not Share for Review.

Details:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/import-pdf-comments.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines