• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing with Korean Fonts

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve just got back a file incl. the fonts that are used in it - "NotoSerifKR". The translator sent me these. But after installing the Korean Fonts and open the InDesign Doc. it says it misses Fonts. When I google on these they seem to be the same as the "NotoSerifKR" (?!) 
What can I do? 

See screenshot on the message I get from InDesign.Screenshot 2021-11-18 at 20.39.35.png

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like the font's naming convention was changed at some point. The "CJK" fonts are older, and the curernt name is just "Noto Serif KR". You should be able to substitute your freshly-downloaded Noto Serif KR for the document's missing Noto Serif CJK KR.

Of course, anytime you're replacing one font with another that is ostensibly identical, you should eyeball your layout looking for problems. I'd be surprised if you found anything, but it's a Murphy's Law kind of situation where you're guaranteed to have some kind of overflow or spacing issue if you don't check. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines