• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Either the file does not exist,you do not have permission,or the file may be in use by another appli

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 3.25.24 PM.png

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone going through this same issue and have resolved it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have tagged the question as "Scripting", can you share the code you are using.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies it has nothing to do with scripting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have the file open in Excel/Word and thus you are getting that err when you try to open via script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your versions of InDesign and macOS?

There were recently several threads on this subject, here's one (although no solution there):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/either-the-file-does-not-exist-you-do-not-have-p...

Also, are you using items from CC Libraries? I think images from CC Libraries caused this error fo some users (althogh I can't find these threads right now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes iam using CC Libraries for my assets : logos, images,motif etc...Iam using Adobe Indesign 2024 and Mac OS Monterey version 12.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@leo.r yes iam using CC Libraries for my assets : logos, images,motif etc...Iam using Adobe Indesign 2024 and Mac OS Monterey version 12.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok Adobe also has just acknowledges this issue in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/this-file-is-already-open-by-another-user-i-am-t...

Try to revert to InDesign 19.3 - I think it helped some users, you can do this from Creative Cloud app:

leor_0-1715806190343.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines