Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding Mp4 into Interactive PDF Error

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

So over the week, I worked in InDesign to create a page that included mp4 videos that would play inside a PDF. These videos worked great upon placing them in my indesign document, and seemed to save just fine when I saved the document as an interactive pdf.

When I get to that page with the Mp4s in my document, the videos play perfectly fine. However, when i click to the next page (or any other page in the document), the videos from that one page overlay on top of everything on my other pages.

They refuse to go away and I can't for the life of me figure out why they're popping up on every single page in my interactive pdf.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Absolutly not true! Flash no, mp4 still supported BUT you need to choose the right preference, and that is the problem: you can not know what the setting is for the user that watches your PDF..,

Edit > Preferences > Multimedia

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/playing-video-audio-multimedia-formats.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot do that. PDFs do not support movies anymore. In past time Flash enabled PDFs to play movies. Since Flash is dead, it is not possible any more. You can add a link to any external file to use that in another app, but not inside Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutly not true! Flash no, mp4 still supported BUT you need to choose the right preference, and that is the problem: you can not know what the setting is for the user that watches your PDF..,

Edit > Preferences > Multimedia

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/playing-video-audio-multimedia-formats.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nor can you be sure what PDF reader application will be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's always the case 😉 Forms, hyperlinks, accessible PDF, transparency, they all have that 'which reader you are using on which device problem' of course...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The alternative format to PDF that you can include video in a document is HTML5, these include FXL ePub, InDesign's Publish Online and the use of an InDesign plugin (at extra cost) in5: https://ajarproductions.com/pages/products/in5/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines