• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Empty frames generated when using primary text frames with facing pages and pages reshuffle

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an annoying issue that when I'm using primary text frames on facing pages, whenever the pages reshuffle a new empty frame gets added behind the active text thread on all the verso pages only. For years I've just ignored it, but I'm kind of picky about not having any extra elements that aren't being used. Has anyone else noticed this and found a way to stop it from happening?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

I feel this discussion has gotten into the weeds of linked threads and reflow options, which are really irrelevant to the issue at hand:

Yes I think that’s right, what you are seeing would happen with any overridden Parent/Master page items.

Here I have a Parent/Master Page Item on each page of the spread, and Page Item labels on the 2/3 spread

Screen Shot 26.png

If I swap the spread pages without overriding the parent/master page items I get this:

Screen Shot 27.png

If I override the parent page items and move them th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, glad to find someone who understands what's going on "behind the scenes" here. It seems it's working as intended, but the logic doesn't always make a lot of sense when working with primary text frames. 

By @defaultu0e43kqloi6n

I said from the start it's working as intended, so we understood the issue from the start. 

I do agree it's not intuitive if you post a link to the InDesign user voice we can upvote with you there 

I'm glad someone was able to explain better than I was, clearly my explanation/understanding wasn't helpful for you and that the explanation is satisfactory for you now.

The members of this forum are amazing and it's great to get so many perspectives.

Best of luck and any further issues I'll certainly try to explain it better.

Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines