• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

End Notes are inserting out of order though set correctly

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all. I'm stumped on this. I have done this type of formatting many times, so it should be easy. But, here's what's happening.

Typesetting a book. Using End Notes. The End Notes formatting is set correctly, including Continuous. On a MacBook Pros 2019 updated appropriately.

The first 4 End Notes I inserted worked just fine and are exactly as they should be. When I attempted to insert the 5th EN, in the EN list, it moved EN4 to the 5th position, and is inserting EN5 in EN position 4. Can anyone help with this???

Thanks so much, in advance.

S

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 10.09.01 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

"it moved EN4 to the 5th position"

Hi S,

hm… seems that EN4 is moved outside or behind of the 5th position.

The blue closing bracket marks the end of endnote text for a particular endnote.

I would manually correct that and move that text between the two blue brackets for the EN4.

FWIW: I have no idea why that happened.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"it moved EN4 to the 5th position"

Hi S,

hm… seems that EN4 is moved outside or behind of the 5th position.

The blue closing bracket marks the end of endnote text for a particular endnote.

I would manually correct that and move that text between the two blue brackets for the EN4.

FWIW: I have no idea why that happened.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Uwe! That was it! Plus, I learned something new: to watch out for those blue brackets! If you see this reply, should I be mindful of where I click on the End Notes list? Could clicking and placing the cursor somewhere within the end notes confuse it in some way?

Thanks again!

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines