Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

English with Arabic Support Installation

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks,

I just installed InDesign without Arabic support enabled, which I need, do I have to uninstall and reinstall it with that option on, or is there a way to do it without the uninstall/reinstall process?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

You don't need to unistall the previous version. Read the following post

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/need-rtl-text-for-arabic-don-t-see-option-in-indesign-2022-on-mac/m-p/13055212#M483356

I suppose there are two methods.

• Install different versions of each applications. Like the english version is not the latest but the MENA version is the latest
  • The other option is to rename the folder where the current application is installed.

Give it a go, hopefully one of these tric

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to unistall the previous version. Read the following post

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/need-rtl-text-for-arabic-don-t-see-option-in-ind...

I suppose there are two methods.

• Install different versions of each applications. Like the english version is not the latest but the MENA version is the latest
  • The other option is to rename the folder where the current application is installed.

Give it a go, hopefully one of these tricks will work.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried installing the middle eastern version on my MAC which already has the English version installed(the latest version my MAC supports).  I was not prompted for unistallation of the current version so probably the tricks won't be necessary i think. Try it to know what it exactly does is all I can say now. And also please do share your findings here so that the other person with this question is benefitted with your experience.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct Manan, no need to uninstall existing InDesign. To add another InDesign copy with Middle Eastern capabilities, just change the language in the Creative Cloud desktop application to "English يدعم العربية" then download another copy with a different version number.

ME-langugae.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines