• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Entire font families are active even though only a few weights are activated

Enthusiast ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe's Garamond Priemier Pro for the journal of the Lewis Carroll Society of North America (shameless plug for the Society). I only need a few of the 34 variations available, and have activiated only those in Creative Cloud. But every one of the 34 appears in the Indesign font menu. Why? Is there a way to prevent this from happening? 

And is Adobe ever going to include a slider in the fonts list so it's possible to see them all?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're working in Windows, and you don't use a third-party font manager, all your fonts are activated when you turn on the system. On the Mac platrorm, Font Book can open/activate certain weights of fonts. Other third-party font managers can select certain weights of fonts within a font family.

We'd need more information from you on what platform you're using, what font manager (if any) you're using, and even where you're getting your Adobe Garamond Pro – is it a font you bought with a perpetual license, or one you downloaded from Adobe Fonts? Without that information, it's going to be hard to give you a definitive answer.

If you can clue us in with more information, we can help you get better information on what can be done with your Adobe Garamond Pro font activation.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am working on a MAC, with the Monterey system. I use Suitcase for font management, but the problem is occuring with Creative Cloud fonts which are not in Suitcase. I activate only the fonts I need in Creative Cloud, but the entire family becomes active. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines