Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

EPS images making InDesign crash

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always used EPS format for images when creating an InDesign document. It is now making InDesign either freeze or shut down. Anyone else having an issue?

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't cause a crash but EPS is a completely archaic format which I avoid at all costs. We're going to need way more information if we're going to help, though.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the EPS images being saved out of Photoshop? PSD format would have a number of advantages over EPS.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the EPS images are being downloaded from a product image website that we have used for years. (I make weekly grocery ads & they are product images) The filename that is causing problems ends with A1N1.eps. I'm abolutely IGNORANT when it comes to technical issues. So, I apologize in advance!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried a Save As out of Photoshop?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines