• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EPUB and audios problem...

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I have a problem with the audios, I place them but when exporting they do not appear. I am exporting in EPUB format, the audios are mp3. What can happen? If anyone can help me, thank you.

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @maria21886863sfir I see you don't have an answer yet, sorry about that. I'm not sure it's possible to export audio files embedded into an InDesign document to epub format. I tired it with a file and it won't work. Maybe someone will come along with a workaround.

JainLemos_0-1637626183438.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you previewing the page with audio file in the EPUB interactivity Preview window? If so, click the play button a SECOND time. The latest versions of InDesign introduced a bug that prevents it from playing sounds the first time the preview window is opened.

If you leave the preview window open (don't close it) the preview will play sound files correctly the first time.

Also, when exporting: are you on Windows or Mac? What epub reader do you use to preview? On Windows there's really only one good option for interactive media-rich epub files: Thorium. On the Mac the default reader should do a proper job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rayek, thanks for the help. No.. I can see the audio in the document but when I´m in the preview page, do not appear. I´m in Mac. 

 

Captura de Pantalla 2021-11-24 a la(s) 11.16.15 a. m..png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably this is a FXL ePub not a Reflowable ePub?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines