• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ePub crashes when I export

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I attempt to export a document or book to ePub, Indesign crashes. Prefilght is all green so I don't know what to look for. Thanks for any suggestions.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide more information –

• OS
  • System configuration
  • Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
  • Error snapshot or video recording of the issue?
  • Is(Are) the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If Yes, Can you please provide the document(s)/asset(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As well as supplying InDesign version and OS etc details, are you exporting a Reflowable text ePub or a FXL ePub?

(Note, there is a InDesign ePub forum.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign EPUB forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replies though the project is long done. Maybe this will help someone else.

InDesign I'm using the latest CC subscription version in Windows 10. It was refliwable. Not sure what to say about the steps except that I was exporting the reflowable epub per the Adobe instructions and then it would shut down. Sometimes I could do one document but never more and not every one of them individually (was 12 chapters of a book plus title pages etc).

Eventually I changed all the text to Arial. Still had to go thru and search for all font types in each document to delete some phantom other fonts. I'm new to InDesign so this took a long time to figure out. Frustrating that i had chatted with Adobe help, which said fonts were not limited and after walking thru everything was not able to help me. Glad I figured it out but it was time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your ePub validate successfully?

EPUB Validator (beta)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, after I removed all fonts except Arial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case anyone else has this problem and it is not due to a font issue.  I also had InDesign freeze when exporting when it contained proofreader comments.  Exporting worked after removing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines