• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

epub designing

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am planning to publish digital ebook on subject matter of law. Their are various Rules as per rule number, sub-rule which required proper indentattion. book contain 99% text. please guide me about layout and how could fast create the book.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've designed books up to 3200 pages in something similar.

There's no easy or fast way.

You'll need to create running headers.
And most likely using Text Variables and Character Styles.

When I was doing it - I had to add a GREP style to give portions of a header a character style (that had no style info) - then use Text Variable Character Styles to apply multiple running heads to the page.

If you need assistance on this setup let us know.

The other thing is setting up the legistation and numbering.

You'll need to create multiple Paragraph Styles of various indentation levels as you might have something like this

S1 Text Block

.....Continue Text block

........indent text  block

S2 Text block

S2.1 Text Block

Etc. so you 'll need to be a master of Paragraph Styles - Character Styles - GREP Styles -

You'll need to know and when to apply Nested Style and Line Styles

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/paragraph-character-styles.html#:~:text=In%20the%20Styles%20p....

My advice is to work on a small portion of the text - maybe about 30-50 pages and build up your styles.

You'll probably need to use InDesign Book Feature - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/creating-book-files.html

This will help break up the text into manageable 'chapters' 

It's not going to be an easy road unless you have a very good understanding of how InDesign works.

What is your skill level here?

If you need help setting up the styles etc let us know and see how we can help you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines