• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

epub format with video and animation changed when opened using adobe digital edition

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello i have a question, i'm making an interactive module for my research at school using indesign, but when i export it to epub format and open it with adobe digital edition the text in the module becomes irregular or there are no spaces, so is there a solution for that? and can epub from indesign be converted into android application format?

pls help me to fix this :')

ss problem.jpg

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions is often unreliable for viewing epubs. Can you do this project using Publish Online instead? The document is then viewable from any browser and doesn't require a special reader. Here are some examples: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More reliable for Fixed Layout EPUB is the Thorium Reader on Windows.

Adobe Digital Edition is not the right tool for this.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions is, quite frankly, garbage. For Mac / iPad / iPhone stick with the native Books app. For Windows try Thorium Reader. For Android, I'd try Thorium, too, but I haven't tested it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, but is there thorium for android I tried to look for the link but couldn't find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried it, but it's the same developers: Readium Mobile – EDRLab

Let us know how it is if you try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oke  thanks , i will try it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried thorium reader, looks like it needs a lot of improvement. the result is the same as adobe digital edition and infinity reader, thorium mobile changes the writing format unlike the desktop version.

I also tried the lithium reader, there is no change in writing, it just doesn't support the zoom feature and the problem is that the spread is small it doesn't fit on the screen

Screenshot_20211209-210127_R2 Reader.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

additionally, in thorium mobile my buttons - interactive buttons are not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, I have nothing new to offer. Adobe should be embarrased by ADE. At this point, I can't really recommend fixed layout epub beyond use on iPads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks a lot bob, well maybe this can be an evaluation for adobe themselves how they made ADE , and i finally decided to use litihium to review my epub on android, i hope my underthesis research will be accepted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines