• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EPUB Issues switching from horizontal to vertical layouts

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a slide show first as a horizontal layout and tried to switch it to a verical layout both a iPad formats. When switching from horizontal to vertical in the options area I have it as preserving exiting and all 3 boxes are check marked.  When the new layout gets created it also creates another master and it keeps the original horizontal layout in the background.  When I adjust the vertical layout, it exposes the horizontal layout.  Furthermore, when I try to preview the vertical layout to ensure that I will display properly, it previews it in a letterbox format cutting off the top and bottom of the layout.  Not sure what to do next to fix this issue.  Anyone have any ideas?

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

I was actually trying to creat an alternate layout as a landscape from the original portrait format and then turn them both into an EPUB.  This was for an assignment.  I eventually ended up having to create the portrait format first and then go in and create an alternate layout in landscapre but still had to go in and change its orientation and play around with the layout a bit and then delete the portrait before creating the EPUB. Unlike the assignment was asking to have both created within the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternate layouts do not work in EPUB. If you're going to view it on iPad my advice is stick to landscape and be done with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually trying to creat an alternate layout as a landscape from the original portrait format and then turn them both into an EPUB.  This was for an assignment.  I eventually ended up having to create the portrait format first and then go in and create an alternate layout in landscapre but still had to go in and change its orientation and play around with the layout a bit and then delete the portrait before creating the EPUB. Unlike the assignment was asking to have both created within the same file, I ended up having to do 2 separate master files and save them separately.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your workaround. I am sure it'll help other users having this similar issue.

I'd also request you to check out this help article to know more about EPUB creation. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm in an Indesign online class and ironically enough that was part of the class assignment which was given to complete.  Not sure how many others figured it out, but I got 100% on that project.  It was the only way I could see to complete it eventhough the instructions required us to do it following a different set of steps which I fought and even asked on here how to do it with.  In the end, the end result of the assignment was achieved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines