• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Equations

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once imported equations into InDesign and how to crop white space all sides in equation file and align with text globally with any script/plugins?

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please supply us screenshots showing example files. Or post link to sample indesign file and equation sample files. Also why do you tag scripting? Do you have a lot of these you want to automate?

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume the equation are saved as a graphic, perhaps in PDF or EPS format. Unfortunately there is no way to define a baseline for the graphic, which you would need to make the alignment. However if the baseline is in the same relative position for each equation (e.g. 0.2 inches from the bottom of the graphic) you can insert it into the text as an anchored object, set custom Anchored Object Options, then make that an Object Style. After that you can quickly apply the same offset for each equation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Sorry for late responce. I il be back from long leave.

Yes, you are all correct. But previously I have one plugin to import equation from one path and cropped the white space arounding equation as provided value in 'mm', unfortunately I missed that. 

Thats why I checking here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your equations are MathType EPSs, you can align them using the baseline that's set in the EPS file's header. This has been discussed several times here and in other forums.

If the equations are not MathType EPSs then you can't align them, unless what Scott mentioned applies.

The white space around equations can't be cropped away automatically in MathType EPSs. The size of the files is rounded up to the next full point, and often a point is added.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines