• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error encountered while reading TIFF image - how do I find the image?

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to InDesign 18 I get this error "Error encountered while reading TIFF image".

This prevents me from exporting PDF-file for print.

How do I spot which image this is?

I have 100s of links in my 300 page catalogue, so not easy for me to open and re-save them all - if that is even the solution.

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get any hint from the Link Panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - none at all. Just a pop-up with the errortext "Error encountered while reading TIFF image"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you export you see the page which is processed. The next page, which would be the next should be the problematic. Can you get this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the image - the image-box was blank. When I opened and saved the picture, it was solved.

But if it occures again, I will definately try your method. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same error since updating. None of these TIFFs are corrupted--they've been acting normal for weeks/months. Is this a known bug for version 18?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @alisonkeefe,

I appreciate you contacting out. No, it doesn't appear to be a known bug at this time. Have you tried following our expert's advice? Please make sure to inspect each image to determine if there are any that have been corrupted. Select Export and Save as to JPEG if you want to know which photo causes the problem.

Additionally, it will display the page with the problematic corrupted jpg. Therefore, if you discover that page, you can replace the damaged image with the fresh one. Finally, try exporting to PDF.

Tell us if that was helpful.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines