• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error exporting to PDF

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. It does not allow me to export to PDF. It gives an error (image attached).

I have the latest version 17 installed. But with version 16 it also gave an error.

Can you help me?Captura de pantalla 2021-11-04 a las 12.48.39.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it could be for a variety of reasons, but usually comes down to one image or link that is a culprit.

Does this happen with all documents, or just one specific document? If one specific document, is the document is several pages long, and if so, what happens if just one page is exported - does it still produce the error? Are you able to export any single pages at all?

Over on my website colecandoo.com/scripts I have a script called Export an InDesign file to PDFs of set page lengths that can export the entire document as single page PDFs. Mars Premedia has a similar script https://www.marspremedia.com/software/indesign/

This will hopefully narrow down what page is causing the issue, and from there may be possible to remove elements until the page exports, and determine what is causing the fault.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi defaultoscv14gz493l,

this could also happen if a PDF was written before with the same name and Acrobat Pro DC is still open; Acrobat, not the PDF. So I would try to export to a new name or quit Acrobat or Adobe Reader. Sometimes it would also help to quit InDesign, restart and try again.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines