• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: "PDF doesn't export The document page size exceeds the page size range supported in PDF files,"

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am not able to export a InDesign document as a PDF. Each page measures 3.5"x5", and it is 48 pages long (book style). I've never had this error be produced and I've definitely exported documents of much large page dimensions and page length. I just updated to CC 2019, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. Any workarounds or help is appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Many people have reported similar PDF problems on www.InDesign.UserVoice.com, including myself. Although I think this is an "issue" with CC:2019 InDesign, try to rule out a corrupted INDD file first.

One method: export your current document to IDML, and then re-open the IDML in InDesign. Try to export a PDF again.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people have reported similar PDF problems on www.InDesign.UserVoice.com, including myself. Although I think this is an "issue" with CC:2019 InDesign, try to rule out a corrupted INDD file first.

One method: export your current document to IDML, and then re-open the IDML in InDesign. Try to export a PDF again.

Let us know if this helps.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Bevi

Thanks for the idea. Good to know that this might be a structural issue.

I restarted InDesign and the document seems to export fine, as long as I export as pages, not spreads. If I do keep running into this problem, I'll try the workaround of exporting the INDD into an IDML, and later into a PDF.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm receiving the same error message but I'm using InDesign 2018 13.1. I have a doc that is 216" wide x 96" high. When I go to make a PDF I  get the same message. I tried exporting to IDML, and reopening. I've restarted my computer. I exported an EPS with the plan of opening it illustrator to make a PDF etc but it's locking Illustrator up. I have made larger PDFs without receiving this error. The doc was a new one, with images and text pasted over from other docs. help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have also the same problem with my INDESIGN 15.0. version.
I have updated the sofwear and tried to open and export my pdf, by opening idml file 😞 unfortunately it hasn't worked.
Still have the bug. What can I do?

Thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi diam62564177,

what's your page size you want to export to PDF?

To get the actual size of a page:

When on the page, select the Page Tool and read out the values from the Control panel.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am facing a similar issue while exporting the document. The top portion of my pdf is getting chopped off could you please share the solution to it, also I have been using the latest version of Indesign. I have tried various tactics but none are working for me. Could Someone please help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi User5C66,

same important questions:
What's your page size you want to export to PDF?

What does your PDF page look like in Acrobat Pro?

What's your version of InDesign on what version of operating system?

Please share the exported PDF and do some screenshots of the page in InDesign when you selected it with the Page Tool and the Control panel is showing the actual page size.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines