Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when exporting as pdf

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I go to print to PDF I am having some issues. My steps are File - Adobe PDF presets - High quality print. I then get the following error message (attached).

After some digging on the internet, it looks like the issue is related to CMYK vs RGB. However, I thought the whole point of indesign was that you can blend links of either color mode together.

Any ideas? Can't export to pdf! Also, this file and other files have just randomly started crash a lot lately or won't allow me to save them. I do save to Box instead of to my computer - not sure if that's a factor. I have been saving to Box for several years now without issue, but have just recently started to have this issue with multiple files. My Indesign is up to date (2021).

Help!

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lucasb9406922 Yes, it's strange. Someone else had a similar problem recently with a background task running. What is your OS?  Did you make any modifications to the standard "High Quality Print" preset? Are you able to print with any other print preset? Do you have a green light on your preflight panel? Can you save your document as an IDML, open that version and print from that? Let us know anything else you've tried!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And the PDF is not saving? Usually it does een with the error.

If you want to find out which placed file is causing the error, look at your Links panel (with the column for ICC Profile turned on). Most of the profiles will look familiar to you (e.g. sRGB..., Document CMYK, SWOP Coated, etc), so it will likely be one of the odder ones listed. In fact, more often than not it's a profile linked to a greyscale image.

If it bothers you, you can figure out which image it is by making PDF a section at a time, and when you get the error, you can narrow it down to a particular page, then to the particular image. Open the image in Photoshop and resave it (might have to assign a new profile to it first).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines