Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when printing booklet - Images go missing or out of place

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem printing a booklet to postscript, to later open it in Distiller and convert it to PDF. Some images disappear and others are out of place.
For information, the PDF was sent to me by my client, having been saved from Word to PDF by him. This problem also happens when directly printing the booklet from InDesign to the printer, but if you save to PDF on separate pages, instead of booklet, the images come out correctly where they should.

I'm attaching pictures of what is happening - one with one of the pages with the error and another image of what should have been a correct export (I have made a "manual" imposition on Illustrator through a script as a workaround for this issue).

Does anyone know what might be happening?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand where InDesign comes in. You say you got a PDF from a client. If you need a booklet, use Acrobat's booklet feature and print from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In this case I cant print directly from Acrobat's booklet feature because it will reduce de size of the pages, and as a result it will leave a margin on the cover (cutting the bike). And it's an 82 pages booklet to be saddle stiched, so I need some bleed and creep options too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the scaling in the print dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have already tried that, it still does the scaling. On multiple printers... Printing through the booklet printing option on Acrobat does the scaling even though it's disabled...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines