Error when trying to create a PDF from Indesign CC

New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am using the current version of Adobe CC and am trying to export a Book into PDF. The Book has five files of varying sizes. The first four print out successfully when I print them one at a time however when I include the fifth file, I get the below error:

%%[ Error: limitcheck; OffendingCommand: 4¾ÇÑÛåîø &.8AJQ[dnx‚Œ•¥¯¹ÁÇÑÙáêô ]%%

Stack:
false

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

I am running Windows 10 with the recent updates on a Lenovo Ideapad with 32gb RAM and have never seen this error before. The total file is only around 700 pages and I have never had an issue before. I am certain there is something with the file - perhaps some corruption or control characters which are causing this problem, but I am not sure how I can troubleshoot it. As it is a book which needs to go to print, time is of the essence - and I don't really feel like redoing the entire book!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just ignored the file for the past few hours after spending time troubleshooting it and with a clear mind, I went back to the file. It turns out it was ONE font which I used that was causing the file to crash. I removed the one character and now the file exports to PDF perfectly!

Perhaps it may have something to do with the licensing on the font? I am not sure.

I thought I would share this with others who may be having a similar problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, like @Saleem24376478puxe it's a font issue with somewhere a character that did that. You can check that with the preflight pannel or if you made a package you can find all infos and delete or modify the font issue.

It can be a space or it can be texte frame outside the Indd file outside the page.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines