Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error while opening file.

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Document closed due to an error. 

When i try to open again, it says the document is open somewhere else can not open until closed some other place. 

I have try to restart both program and computer. The document is saved on my computer but says "synchronize awaits" to my onedive. 

(photo of the error in danish)20210614_130149.jpg

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Thank you for your suggestions and your time. 

I found a solution by sharing the file (sending an email to myself). and then saved it as a new file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. If I get it correctly, InDesign showing a message that the document is accessed by someone else. This generally happens when the documents are saved on a server or a shared location. I would request if you could copy-paste the file to your Desktop and then try open it from there. 

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further query.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the lock file remained when the file was closed in error. Deleting it should solve the problem. It should be located in the same folder and have a .idlk extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your suggestions and your time. 

I found a solution by sharing the file (sending an email to myself). and then saved it as a new file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines