• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error while opening ID files: Either the file doesn't exist or you don't have permission to open

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I updated my indesign and now I can´t open my files! The text is in swedish but it says that "Either the file don´t exist or I don´t have the readingrights or the file is used in another program."

PLEASE, I´m desperate. I have customers waiting and I can´t get to their folders and stuff.

What is wrong?

Kindly regards
Camillaindesign.JPG

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working from a Dropbox or Onedrive folder? If so, make sure the files are locally synced and not cloud-only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Camilla,

So sorry to hear about this. I agree with the point mentioned by Bob. Try saving the file on Local hard drive and check how it works from there. If that doesn't help either, I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• OS and version of  InDesign
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the creative cloud and share the download link.
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem. I was the "second device" on my son's account and saved a few files. He got a new job, cancelled his membership, so I bought my own InDesign. I can see old files under recent, but they give that error above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ruth2463497049s1 ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please copy the file from the source folder and paste it on the desktop and then try opening the file and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance?

Regards
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 10.33.17 AM.png

 in one of these? I'm not sure what you mean by source folder? thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Source folder, in this case, would be where the file you want to open is curently stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines