• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error with the reference list and bottom footnotes.

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I have something wrong with the reference list at the end of the document. It does not have even spaces, although it is created automatically. I think it has something to do with the footnotes in the text. They are also different if you look at the blue signs. For example, lower footnotes such as 1, 7, 10, 16, 17 are different from the rest. But I do not know why this is so and how to fix it. What to do in this situation?

I would be very grateful for answers with screenshots.

Screenshot_21.jpgScreenshot_11.jpgScreenshot_12.jpgScreenshot_17.jpgScreenshot_18.jpgScreenshot_19.jpgScreenshot_20.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Although the initial placement of footnotes is automatic, it's possible to mess up the layout with your text entry and subequent entry. It looks to me as if extra tabs have been inserted in those faulty notes, and the footnote style does not have tabs correctly defined.

I'd turn on hidden characters and make sure you have tabs in the right places and none in "extra" places.

PS - Krugman fan here. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although the initial placement of footnotes is automatic, it's possible to mess up the layout with your text entry and subequent entry. It looks to me as if extra tabs have been inserted in those faulty notes, and the footnote style does not have tabs correctly defined.

I'd turn on hidden characters and make sure you have tabs in the right places and none in "extra" places.

PS - Krugman fan here. 🙂

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines