• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exhibition Panel Resolution Question

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am creating an expo panel in indesign full size (2340 x 946mm) and I have been asked by the print company to supply at '75dpi at full size'. Do I modify the compression as I export the file or are they referring to the images specifically? Many thanks 🙂

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They refer to the resolution of the images you import in your InDesign file. You could setup your file at the tenth of the final size (234 x 94,6), but it means that the imported images must have a 750 dpi resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Susanne5E63 , your 2340mm width under the InDesign maximum dimension, so you can work at full size. To meet the printer’s resolution requirement you just have to make sure the place images have an Effective Resolution (not Actual) greater than 75ppi. Select an image and check the Link Info panel

For example this is OK:

Screen Shot 17.png

But this is not:

Screen Shot 18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info! All images are coming out with actual PPI between 200 and 300 and effective PPI is above 75 for all. I thought I might need to lower the resolution of the original images so that the file was smaller for them to process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought I might need to lower the resolution

No, the 75ppi is the lowest res they want—higher resolutions would be preferable. Modern RIPs aren’t going to have a problem with higher resolutions within reason. If you are exporting a PDF you can set a high end threshold in the Compression tab—the default for most print presets is 450ppi. PDF Exports allow downsampling—you can’t upsample.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines