• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Existing indesign files opening as [read only] with streaky/pixelated images

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly all of my existing indesign files are opening as read only, and all of the linked images are streaky/pixelated (image attached).

Links are in tact and folder permissions are set to read & write. I switched off GPU performance mode and the problem still persists. Anyone know what's going on?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

It sounds like your external drive is getting ready to die. I'd get another drive and copy everything to it before you can no longer access it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Emily5D91,

Thank you for reaching out. Would you mind sharing the version of InDesign installed on your machine and the details of your operating system? Is it possible for you to open the file on any other machine?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HARSHIKA_VERMA Thanks for responding.

Adobe InDesign 17.2.1 is installed on my machine and I am running Mac OS Monterey 12.4.

I am able to open Indesign files stored locally on my mac without a problem. However every indesign file I open using my external hardrive has this issue. 

I've discovered a workaround -- when I go through and relink all of the images they appear as intended. Then I have to resave the InDesign file onto my desktop (I receive error messages when I try to save it onto my external drive), and then transfer it over to my external drive. I save most of my work on my external drive so this obviously isn't ideal as it's time-consuming, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like your external drive is getting ready to die. I'd get another drive and copy everything to it before you can no longer access it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines